Saturday, November 18, 2017

Creatinine 8.5 needs dialysis in renal failure

I am a kidney failure patient. I recently had a blood test and my creatinine level rose to 8.5. My doctor advised me to do dialysis. Creatinine 8.5 Need to dialysis?

I am happy to receive your email. Your creatinine levels go well beyond normal, and dialysis is often used to excrete extra toxins in your bloodstream. However, once creatinine levels increase, there is no need for dialysis. Even if creatinine levels reach 9 or 10 mg / dl or more, some patients do not need dialysis. It depends on your condition.

If accompanied by nausea, vomiting, muscle cramps, drowsiness, swelling and other serious symptoms, it is recommended dialysis.

But if you still have urine, no obvious symptoms, such as high blood pressure, fluid retention and heart failure, can delay dialysis.

You should be aware that if your potassium level is above 6.5 mmol / l and you can not control your medication, you should start dialysis immediately. In addition, dialysis is urgently needed if you are attacked by metabolic acidosis and have a pH below 7.2.

Since I do not know your situation, I can not conclude that you can send your medical report to chinakidneytherapy@gmail.com and I will reply to you after I read your report. Or you can consult your doctor and get a better understanding of your condition. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment